Please Read Carefully
The processing fee for all out-of-state services provided by the Embassy will henceforth attract the sum of $100.00 (money order only) per application, payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, D.C.
Please enclose a self-addressed PREPAID USPS EXPRESS MAIL return envelope. The Embassy will not process any application that contravenes this directive.
E-PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCEDURES & REQUIREMENTS
All passport applications and payment of fees are to be made through the Nigeria immigration website: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome. Please complete online application form and remember to print the acknowledgment slip and receipt. Passport application fee is $65 (credit card or money order) payable to SW Global while the processing fee of $30 (money order only) is payable to the Embassy. These documents should be presented in person to the Embassy. Further requirements are stated below.
2. When the embassy officials go out to various States to process passports with MOBILE MACHINES, the processing fee will be $100 per Applicant. All money orders should be made payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, D.C.
3. All passport applicants are required to be physically present on the appointment date specified on the payment confirmation receipt. If the applicant cannot be present on the appointment day, the applicant may reschedule another appointment. Applicants will only be able to reschedule the appointment after the initial appointment day has passed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING E-PASSPORT
(ALSO applicable to those seeking renewal of E-Passport)
1. Passport Application form to be completed online
2. Payment Slip
3. Acknowledgement Slip
4. Expired Nigerian Passport
5. Photocopy of Applicant’s data page of Nigerian Passport
6. Two current passport-size photographs preferably with white background
7. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($30) in money order or cashier check payable to the Embassy of Nigeria
8. Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric.
PROCEDURES FOR E-PASSPORT
1. In the Passport menu, choose the E-Passport Application Form Option. If you have a Yahoo or Google account, you may use it to log into the system, otherwise select the Open ID option and create an account for the application process.
2. Please complete the form and print it. Click on the Submit Button.
3. Once the application has been successfully submitted, you will be provided with a Reference Number and Application ID. Please print it out, as you will need it later in the application process.
4. Click on the close button to continue the application process. At the bottom of the page, click on the Proceed to checkout button to begin the payment process.
5. On the Cart page, double check to make sure that name in the cart corresponds to the appropriate applicant. Click on the Proceed to Online Payment Button.
6. Choose the credit card payment option or the money order payment option and click next. If the money order payment option is selected, please follow the on screen instructions for mailing the money order. Once the money order is received, you will receive a confirmation email. If the credit card option is used, allow 30 minutes for the payment to register, and proceed to the next step. For credit card payments, the applicant may only use his or her credit for payment of fees. NO THIRD PARTY CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
7. Once the payment confirmation email is received, go to https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome
8. In the application menu, click on the Query Your Application Payment Status option. Select E-Passport in the application menu and enter the Reference Number and Application ID. Click on the Search Record button. The next page will be the Online Application Confirmation page.
9. On the Online Application Confirmation page, scroll to the bottom of the page and print the Payment Receipt and also print Application Confirmation. Attach these documents to the expired passport, or to the rest of the application documents (first issuance).
10. The applicant should appear at the Nigerian Embassy on the appointment date, with his or her expired Nigerian passport and required documents. If the application is for a first issuance, and the applicant is under the age of sixteen, the following requirements must also be met.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Applicants under the age of 18 (eighteen) MUST provide the following requirements:
1. Completed online application
2. Copy of child’s birth certificate
3. Letter of Consent jointly signed by child's both parents
4. Photocopies of the parents’ passports data page. One of the passport data pages must be a Nigerian Passport
5. Payment Slip
6. Acknowledgment Slip
7. Child's current two passport-size photographs preferably with white background, and
8. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($30) in money order or cashier check payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
9. Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORT
1. Police Report
2. Penalty fee of three hundred and fifty dollars ($350) in money order or cashier check ONLY payable to the Embassy of Nigeria
3. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($30) in money order or cashier check ONLY payable to the Embassy of Nigeria
4. Submission of completed online e-passport application form (The link to the online application is in paragraph 7 above.)
5. Two (2) passport-size photographs preferably with white background
6. Applicant should provide Passport Number of lost Passport (if applicable)
7. Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric.
Applicants wishing to amend the details on their Nigerian passport are henceforth required to effect the changes in Nigeria. The Embassy will no longer entertain request in that regard.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PICK-UP
Applicant will be required to present pick-up slip and the expired Nigerian Passport before receiving the E-Passport.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROXY PICK-UP
1. Letter of Authorization duly signed by Applicant requesting proxy pick-up
2. Valid I. D. card of authorized individual picking up Applicant's passport
3. Applicant’s pick up slip, and
4. Applicant’s expired Nigerian Passport.
E-PASSPORT PROCESSING TIME
10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
10 a.m.-12 noon
PICK-UP TIME FOR E-PASSPORT
1 p.m.-2 p.m.
(Pickup time is strictly enforced)
Embassy of Nigeria
3519 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008