E-PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCEDURES & REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to complete online application forms as well as to print the Acknowledge Slip and Receipt after making payment. Online application form can be accessed at https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED NOT TO PAY TO ANY THIRD PARTY. ALL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE ONLINE THROUGH THIS LINK https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome.
Applicant(s) may choose to pay the above fee either with credit card or money order. If the latter is chosen, please issue money order (post office money order most preferred) in favor of INNOVATE 1. ALSO, it is to be noted that processing fee of $30 (money order or cashier's check) is required and should be issued to EMBASSY OF NIGERIA.
APPLICANTS WISHING TO PAY PASSPORT FEE WITH MONEY ORDER ARE ADVISED TO PURCHASE POST-OFFICE MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO INNOVATE 1 SERVICE.
2. When Embassy officials travel outside Washington DC metropolitican area with mobile machines to process e-passports, the processing fee is $100 per application and payment (in money order) should be issued to Embassy of Nigeria.
3. All passport applicants are required to be physically present on the appointment date specified on the payment confirmation receipt. Applicants will only be able to reschedule their appointment date after the initial appointment date has past.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT, ONCE APPLICATIONS ARE SUBMITTED, FEES PAID ARE NOT REFUNDABLE!
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING E-PASSPORT
(ALSO applicable to those seeking renewal/reissue of e-passport)
1. Passport Application form to be completed online
2. Payment Slip
3. Acknowledgement Slip
4. Expired Nigerian Passport
5. Photocopy of Applicant’s data page of Nigerian Passport
6. Two current passport-size photographs preferably with white background
7. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($30) in money order or cashier's check payable to the Embassy of Nigeria
8. For applicants between the ages of 0-17, please pay close attention to the next section, as there are additional requirements for minors.
*Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Applicants under the age of 18 (eighteen) are required to provide the following:
1. Completed online application
2. Copy of child’s birth certificate
3. Letter of Consent jointly signed by child's both parents
4. Photocopies of the parents’ passports data page. One of the passport data pages must be a Nigerian Passport.
5. Payment Slip
6. Acknowledgment Slip
7. Child's current two passport-size photographs preferably with white background, and
8. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($30) in money order or cashier check payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
9. Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
PROCEDURES FOR E-PASSPORT
1. In the Passport menu, choose the E-Passport Application Form Option. If you have a Yahoo or Google account, you may use it to log into the system, otherwise select the Open ID option and create an account for the application process.
2. Please complete the form and print. Thereafter, click on the Submit Button.
3. Once the application has been successfully submitted, you will be provided with a Reference Number and Application ID. Please print it out, as you will need it later in the application process.
4. Click on the close button to continue the application process. At the bottom of the page, click on the Proceed to checkout button to begin the payment process.
5. On the Cart page, double check to make sure that name in the cart corresponds to the appropriate applicant. Click on the Proceed to Online Payment Button.
6. Choose the credit card payment option or the money order payment option and click next. If the money order payment option is selected, please follow the on screen instructions for mailing the money order. Once the money order is received, you will receive a confirmation email. If the credit card option is used, allow 30 minutes for the payment to register, and proceed to the next step. For credit card payments, the applicant may only use his or her credit for payment of fees. NO THIRD PARTY CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
7. Once the payment confirmation email is received, go to https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome
8. In the application menu, click on the Query Your Application Payment Status option. Select E-Passport in the application menu and enter the Reference Number and Application ID. Click on the Search Record button. The next page will be the Online Application Confirmation page.
9. On the Online Application Confirmation page, scroll to the bottom of the page and print the Payment Receipt and also print Application Confirmation. Attach these documents to the expired passport, or to the rest of the application documents (first issuance).
10. The applicant should appear at the Nigerian Embassy on the appointment date, with his or her expired Nigerian passport and required documents. If the application is for a first issuance, and the applicant is under the age of sixteen, the following requirements must also be met.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORT
1. Police Report
2. Penalty fee of three hundred and fifty dollars ($350) in money order or cashier check ONLY payable to the Embassy of Nigeria
3. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($30) in money order or cashier check ONLY payable to the Embassy of Nigeria
4. Submission of completed online e-passport application form (The link to the online application is in paragraph 7 above.)
5. Two (2) passport-size photographs preferably with white background
6. Applicant should provide Passport Number of lost Passport (if applicable)
7. Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
If you need to change or correct the data on your Nigerian e-passport, it can only be done in Nigeria. The Embassy no longer entertains such request.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PICK-UP
Applicant will be required to present pick-up slip and the expired Nigerian passport before receiving the e-passport.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROXY PICK-UP
1. Letter of Authorization duly signed by Applicant requesting proxy pick-up
2. Valid I. D. card of authorized individual picking up Applicant's passport
3. Applicant’s pick up slip, and
4. Applicant’s expired Nigerian Passport.
E-PASSPORT PROCESSING TIME
10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
PICK-UP TIME FOR E-PASSPORT
MONDAY-THURSDAY (1 p.m-2 p.m.)
FRIDAY (12 noon-1 p.m.)
(Pickup time is strictly enforced)
Attention: Consular & Immigration
Embassy of Nigeria
3519 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008
SUMMARIZED STEPS ON HOW TO FILL OUT APPLICATION FOR
E-PASSPORT OR E-PASSPORT RENEWAL
Go to Nigeria Immigration website at https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome
In the passport menu, select the E-passport application form
Select STANDARD e-passport
Click on Processing Country, select United States
PLEASE READ IN FULL THE GUIDELINES REGARDING PAYMENT ON THE START APPLICATION PAGE
Click on Start Application
Choose one of the FOUR accounts: Google, Yahoo, Open ID or Facebook and create an account or if you already have one, log in. Then fill the form
Choose WASHINGTON DC as your Processing Office/Processing Embassy
Please complete the form and print. Thereafter, click on the submit button
Once the application has been successfully submitted, you will be provided Reference number and Application ID
Using the Application ID and Reference number, proceed to payment - make the passport fee payment with your credit or debit card. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can purchase money order (preferrably from the post office) and associate the money order to the Application ID and Reference number. A sample is displayed on the screen for guidance.
Once you have completed the association, please print out the page that displays the tracking number. Address the money order to Innovate 1 Services. Then attach the money order to the page that displays the tracking number and mail it to:
INNOVATE 1 SERVICE
30 AVON MEADOW
AVON, CT 06001