REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING BURIAL TRANSIT PERMIT FROM THE EMBASSY OF NIGERIA, WASHINGTON, DC
ITEMS 1 to 6 ARE TO BE SUBMITTED IN TRIPLICATE (3 SETS)
1. Burial Transit Permit.
2. Certification of Embalming & Preparation of Human Remains.
3. Notarized statement of the Funeral Director (stating that the casket contains only the remains of the deceased and nothing else).
4. Medical Examiner’s Report (if applicable) if the deceased was killed.
5. Notarized copy of Death Certificate.
6. Certification of Vital Record regarding communicable/non communicable disease(s) - [this is to state whether or not the deceased had contagious disease. If so, the type of disease should be stated in this document].
7. US$15.00 money order (payable to the Embassy of Nigeria) as Attestation Fee.
8. Nigerian Passport of the Deceased (in case passport is not available, the closest relative should send a notarized letter stating same).
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICATE
1. Formal request letter for the Emergency Travel Certificate by the applicant. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
2. Police report or a copy of Applicant's bio-data page of Nigerian Passport.
3. 2 passport-size photographs.
4. Copy of itinerary or airline ticket.
5. $170.00 in money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC.
NOTE: The Travel Document is valid for 7 days only and cannot be used to return to the United States (one way journey).
REQUIREMENTS FOR RENUNCIATION OF NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP
1. Formal application to the Embassy by the individual renouncing his/her Nigerian citizenship. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
2. Applicant must surrender his/her Nigerian passport to the Embassy.
3. If there is any particular office/individual the applicant requires the Embassy to notify of his/her renounciation, the full address of such office/person must be made available to the Embassy on the application.
4. $50 money order only payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
5. Acceptance of the renounciation of citizenship on behalf of the Nigerian government by the Embassy will be communicated to the applicant in due course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS
1. Application (on your company’s letter head) stating your request from the Embassy and list of the products to be exported.
2. Certificates of free sale from the Departments of State (federal and state) where your company is located, respectively.
3. Two sets of the documents to be legalized, i.e. original and a copy for our record.
4. $15 per product/document and $50 processing fee payable to the Embassy of Nigeria in form of money order only.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING DRIVER'S LICENSE LETTER
1. Formal request letter by the applicant for the driver’s license letter. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
2. Legible copy of the International or National Driver’s License as well as the original (to be sighted and returned to owner).
3. Applicants are required to obtain certified driving records from the Federal Road Safety Commission.
4. $50.00 money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LIFE ATTESTATION LETTER/PENSION FORM
1. Formal application letter to be submitted stating your request. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
2. Submit any pension form to be filled out by the Embassy (if applicable).
3. Copy of your Nigerian passport.
4. Copy of State issued U.S. Identification (i.e. Driver’s License).
5. $50.00 money order only payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington DC.
6. Return Prepaid Mailing Envelope if applicable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NO-OBJECTION STATEMENT
1. Formal Application letter to the Embassy stating your request of waiver of the 2-year home residency requirement. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
2. Copy of your Case file number from United States Department of State, Visa Office, Waiver Review Division.
3. Copies of your Nigerian passport from page 1 to the page J-visa is stamped.
4. Copy of your release letter from your sponsor in Nigeria/US.
5. Letter from your current Employer/Institution.
6. Copy of your current Exchange visitor program number (DS2019).
7. Copy of your current I-94.
8. $50 money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
Embassy of Nigeria
3519 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008